Monday, September 11, 2006

Take into Consideration

After buying my first home, there must have been ten different things [as I reflect modestly] that I wondered how in the world I overlooked that over there or this over here. For example, the ceiling fan rattled fairly significantly, and in the bedroom of all places.

The situation was compounded because I consider myself thrifty, if not cheap by some measures, so maximizing the fan and minimizing the AC was a must. The good news [years later] is that we grew up on a farm with train tracks that ran through the adjacent field. That steam engine used to stir up quite a roar in the middle of the night, not to mention all the animals that would chime in.

So I guess you could say that I got used to the rattle from this noisy old fan without too much of a problem. Now I'm just waiting to find out how living less than a mile from the stench of those chicken houses for all those years is going to spin into a positive.

Anyway, I digress... the point is that it can be very frustrating to realize that you missed this or that during the walk through, especially when you could have added them to the punchlist, and had them fixed for free!

Pour through the details, check and double check, even if it drives your Realtor crazy. That's what they get paid to do, work for you until you are absolutely happy.

I truly believe you'll find that level of service with the fine luxury real estate brokers at Virginia Estates in Charlottesville, VA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home